[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-cmm.106.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 5 15:36:52 UTC 2011

On 05.01.2011, at 12:03, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> It just occurred to me that the broken tests can be fixed if the following is put to the trunk as a postscript or preamble:
>
> PackageOrganizer default
> 	unregisterPackageNamed: 'PackageInfo';
> 	unregisterPackageNamed: 'ToolBuilder';
> 	unregisterPackageNamed: 'Morphic-TrueType'
>
> That might be less controversial than forcing #flushObsoletePackageInfos on every image. Bert?

Maybe PackageDependencyTest should be made less whiny? By default it should not complain about those packages. You only want to ensure that a release image is clean, not every working image.

Perhaps unit tests aren't the best way to ensure a clean release. They're supposed to exercise code. ReleaseBuilder does some sanity checks already, maybe it should also check for clean packages.

- Bert -