[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: KernelTests-cmm.173.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 17:43:55 UTC 2011

On 1/7/2011 6:00 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> Hmmm..  Levente was right, it didn't work, but I'm still really not
> sure why..!  Why can't we have an addition followed by removal in the
> same update?

Because the update process *merges* (this is so that it doesn't nuke the
changes you've done in your own images). But since you you've merely
merged an earlier version that merge won't remove any additions that
have been added in the other branch.

> Anyway, does trunk have a reverse gear?  I went ahead and moved
> KernelTests-ar.171 and 172 to the Inbox, so we can merge them back in
> to trunk once it represents 4.3.
>
> I hope this puts trunk back on on the 4.2 track.

This should work as long as people reload the earlier versions manually,
but the correct way of achieving the desired result is by removing the
changes, not by posting an older version with a later update number.

Cheers,
   - Andreas