[squeak-dev] Error: Instances of StrikeFont are not indexable

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Jan 8 10:47:09 UTC 2011

Dear Squeakers,

I did the following:
1. I opened the latest trunk image Squeak4.2-10779-alpha.image with the Mac OS X VM Squeak 5.8b12.
2. Update Squeak.
3. Run all tests. After all the tests I get a debugger with "Error: Instances of StrikeFont are not indexable"

--- The full stack ---
StrikeFont(Object)>>error:
StrikeFont(Object)>>errorNotIndexable
StrikeFont(Object)>>size
StrikeFont(Object)>>basicAt:put:
StrikeFont(Object)>>instVarAt:put:
StrikeFont(Object)>>readDataFrom:size:
ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>readInstance
ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>next
ReferenceStream>>next
ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>readArray
ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>next
ReferenceStream>>next
[] in StrikeFontSet class>>installExternalFontOn:encoding:encodingName:textStyleName:
[] in [] in MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>untilEndWithFork:displayingProgress:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
[] in MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>untilEndWithFork:displayingProgress:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Is there a way find out where this process is created? Tracing senders of StrikeFontSet class>>installExternalFontOn:encoding:encodingName:textStyleName: leads ultimately to no senders. In a Process Browser I do not see anything unusual.

Cheers,
Bernhard