[squeak-dev] Reverting changes (Re: The Inbox: Morphic-MAD.512.mcz)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 21:20:08 UTC 2011

On 1/11/2011 8:42 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> A new version of Morphic was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-MAD.512.mcz

> Name: Morphic-MAD.512
> Author: MAD
> Time: 11 January 2011, 9:42:18.437 pm
> UUID: f79030b3-a48a-4fba-a6b6-ad4db0e21c99
> Ancestors: Morphic-ul.511
>
> Updated TheWorldMainDockingBar>>extendingTheSystem to refer to a known good version of OmniBrowser.
>
> I'm not sure why the following changes were made - they're none of my doing:
> D	Morphic postscriptOfRemoval
> D	Morphic preamble
> D	Morphic postscript

As general advice: Any changes you see that you didn't make, you need to
revert. Committing changes you did not actually intend to make is a
recipe for long-term disaster so don't.

To revert changes do the following:
1) Select the package AND the repository the previous version came from
2) Click the "Changes" button in Monticello
3) Select any changes you didn't make and choose "revert" from the
context menu
4) Repeat from step 2 to ensure you didn't miss anything.

I do steps 1) and 2) before *every* commit in order to both, avoiding
commits I didn't intend to make and also double-checking for any
accidentals "self halts" or similar in the commit.

Cheers,
   - Andreas