[squeak-dev] Re: Reverting changes (Re: The Inbox: Morphic-MAD.512.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Jan 11 22:38:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 1/11/2011 2:17 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

>>> Thanks for the advice Andreas -- generally I am careful to avoid this
>>> state
>>> of affairs, but the presence of these particular changes threw me. I had
>>> downloaded a clean Squeak4.2-10856-beta.image, and had run an update
>>> which
>>> brought me up to 10881. At this point, before I'd actually made any
>>> changes
>>> directly, the Morphic package already had these three changes in it. I
>>> wasn't sure if I was seeing the after-effects of some clever
>>> post-postscript
>>> script clean-up, and that reverting these changes would thus cause a
>>> regression in the trunk...
>>>
>>> I've just had a look at an untouched 10856 image, and this also seems to
>>> have these unsaved changes already there, which again is not what I would
>>> have expected to see. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
>>
>> That image is not a clean Trunk image, but a modified one
>> ([ReleaseBuilderTrunk prepareNewBuild] was evaluated before it was saved).
>
> Ah, good find. Guess we'll have to find out what was causing this. And thanks
> for reporting Michael!

I guess it was MCPackageManager class >> #flushObsoletePackageInfos.
>From http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-January/156570.html :
"
Name: Monticello-bp.416
Author: bp
Time: 7 January 2011, 10:51:28.009 pm
UUID: 176c0d57-4da3-44ab-a30c-ed1b1eeae3c0
Ancestors: Monticello-ar.415

- move flushObsolotePackageInfos and cleanUp: from MCPackageManager to its
subclass MCWorkingCopy to avoid losing all PackageInfos during aggressive
clean up
"

Levente