[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.54.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jan 12 22:00:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-cmm.54.mcz

> Name: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.54
> Author: cmm
> Time: 12 January 2011, 1:46:08.976 pm
> UUID: ebbb05fd-51da-4f23-955e-fd503f8db285
> Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.53
>
> - Slightly tone-down the blue reflection gradient.
> - For 4.2, set showBoundsInHalo for two reasons:  1) it is a meta-indicator that reveals the presence of Morphic as a separate layer of the GUI, 2) it enhances Berts new window slinging by allowing background windows to be moved and resized.
> - Set alternateHandlesLook off by default because they should not have a gradient.  Only solid objects reflect light, not meta-controls and meta-indicators.
> - Set Workspace class>>#shouldStyle: false because Workspaces are used for quick note-taking which shouldn't have styling, as well as short code scripts, which don't need styling.

I usually use the syntax highlighting in workspaces, but if this is the
community's preference, then I can turn it on by hand in my images. :)

> - Set square corners by default because 1) the rounded corners look crusty, 2) square are corners slightly faster, .

Not everything has square corners, see:
self inform: 'foo'.

Btw I like the square window corners, but I more like the rounded corners
for buttons.

> - installBrightWindowColors because it improves window delineation, making the system easier to use.  They're not that bright, and there's nothing wrong with a little color.

The update URL should be set to squeak42 instead of trunk in the release.

Levente