[squeak-dev] Re: TextMorph behavior

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun Jan 16 06:05:12 UTC 2011

Chris Muller-2 wrote:

> Hi Marcus, I have done this in Maui.  I had to subclass TextMorph
> (MauiStringEditor) and override #handleKeystroke: to dynamically adjust
> the extent.

Can we make TextMorph use the Maui growing behavior?  I find it much more
intuitive and useful.  I often cringe at the current "keep the width
constant and grow vertically" behavior.  I pulled the Class out into a
GrowableTextMorph, but I think the behavior should just be folded into
TextMorph.  If necessary, we could even set the default maxWidth to simulate
how TextMorph currently works for backward-compatibility.

What do you all think?

Sean