[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Xtreams-Xtras: hashing and HMAC

mkobetic at gmail.com mkobetic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:24:25 UTC 2011

"Sven Van Caekenberghe"<sven at beta9.be> wrote:
> > I didn't find a way to browse a "package" in Pharo 1.2 so I'm struggling a bit to keep the categories in line.
>
> Hmm, click the 'Browse' button in either the Monticello Browser or the Repository Browser with the correct package selected ? But I guess you know that as well...

Well, those seem to be "read-only", i.e. any edits I try to make in those seem to disappear, so I've been ignoring those browsers. Interestingly, the one-click image (Pharo 1.1.1) seems to have 'browse package' in the SystemBrowser menus which seems to be more functional, but that doesn't seem present in the PharoCore 1.2, so I'm just getting by with the basic SystemBrowser atm.

> The problem is the one I reported earlier: XTFileReadingWritingTest expecting a read stream to be aware of data written to a file after it was opened. This does not seem to work on Mac OS X.

Yeah I have your previous report still in my inbox, but I'm kinda stuck there. As I said I don't have OSX to work with so I can't dig in to figure out what's going on. Given that it works on OSX in VW, I'm inclined to say that it should work on OSX in Squeak too. I wonder if there's some mixup in terms of file descriptors, maybe we're not talking to the same one or something such. I think Nicolas has OSX available so I'm hoping he might be able to find the time to look into it at some point.