[squeak-dev] Dynamic variables

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Fri Jan 21 14:42:21 UTC 2011

Is there an analogue to Common Lisp's dynamic variables in Squeak?

It looks like Goran Krampe's DynamicBindings
(http://map.squeak.org/package/9f2cdda3-c666-459c-ba5e-55a91b428f40)
MIGHT be what I'm looking for, but there's also Samir Saidani's
DynamicBindings (http://www.squeaksource.com/DynamicBindings.html, moved
to http://www.squeaksource.com/KomHttpServer.html). Are these two
packages related?

(I'm trying to figure out the restart capabilities of Common Lisp's
conditions, and thought a good way to do that would be by adding same to
Squeak. It looks like one of the requirements is something like dynamic
variables, to allow the lookup of a suitable restart.)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/etc!

frank