[squeak-dev] Class names with underscores

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Jan 21 16:39:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, mkobetic at gmail.com wrote:

> "Igor Stasenko"<siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you set  'use underscore for selectors' and disable 'underscore for
>> assignments' in preferences then class names should work as well,
>> AFAIK.
>
> But if that's not how most people will run Squeak, then that's not a reasonable option for me. What are the default settings and are they likely to ever change ?

The default is: underscore assignments are allowed, underscore selectors
are not. This is fully backwards compatible.
You can enable underscore selectors for your classes (both senders and
implementors) in Squeak by implementing the class side method
#allowUnderscoreSelectors as ^true.
Browsing the source code has some problems due to a bug
(http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7547 ), but the code will work.

Levente