[squeak-dev] About Squeak 4.1 Language Support

Eric ericqiu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 06:14:16 UTC 2011

> >Were you able to inspect the decoded character values? If the decoding is
> >right then the issue is with fonts. See isFontAvailable and installFont
> >methods in LanguageEnvironment to see how to load language-specific fonts
> on
> >startup. GreekEnvironment and JapaneseEnvironment classes depend on such
> >external font files.
>
> The decoding is correct, for example, a chinese character ¡®ÖÐ', the UTF8
decoding is 25185837, but the dispaly in the workspace is ??,
 I inpsect on :
 (SimplifiedChineseEnvironment new) isFontAvailable,
it return false to me.

and i run following to installFont:
 (Locale isoLanguage: 'zh') languageEnvironment fontDownload.
seems not font support on the net, any suggestion on how could i got the
font for chinese?

And also i have read the chinese support codes developed by Yo, it does work
on Squeak 3,8 and 3,9, but it doesn't work on 4.1, I don't understanding
what the different feature on Squeak4.1 on Language support side?

Subbu