[squeak-dev] full-screen mode - Linux

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:06:23 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 06 Jul 2011 1:21:20 AM Chris Muller wrote:
> However, there is a danger with going full-screen.  Cog is not very
> friendly to being interrupted - doing so often seems to lock the image
> - and this is a bad situation in full-screen mode since you can't get
> to any other windows to kill the process.  The only option is a
> hard-power off - an ungraceful shutdown - losing all unsaved data in
> all applications - ouch!
On PC keyboard, you can use the Magic SysRq sequences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

ALT+SysRq and press R-E-I-S-U-B in that sequence. This will switch the
keyboard from Raw to translated mode, send SIGTERM signal to all processes
(except init), send SIGKILL signal, sync all mounted filesystems, unmount them
and finally reboot.

Subbu