[squeak-dev] Re: How Morohs are rendered

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:10:41 UTC 2011

On 19 July 2011 23:28, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch> wrote:
>>> No such thing. If you're interested in the details you'll have to be
>>> more specific about what aspect you're interested in. Are you trying to
>>> make your graphics faster? In that case enable the preference
>
> Yes, I try to make graphics faster on iPad.
> I am tempted to think the bottleneck are the bitblt operations of the
> damaged area, also the larger the whole canvas, the slower the rendering
> with the same sketch.
> I can try to reduce the number of damaged area.

Yes. The fillrate of bitblt engine is quite slow, because all
operations are in memory and CPU bound.
Comparing to fillrate of modern graphics cards. And even to fillrate
of other CPU-driven implementations like, because they using highly
optimized code for that.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.