[squeak-dev] Request for adive on Profile

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 16:30:29 UTC 2011

Hi Hilaire,

it would be better to post the results as text if possible and the
equivalent from running on a desktop for comparison. Also what is the
problem, slow/ jerky display updates?

No ipads here and I'm not familiar with DrGeo but the procedure for
interpreting the results would be the same regardless, ie, to see which
chunk is taking the most time *where* it is possible to make some
savings. Before that though someone else might like to chip in and
remind me if the total 21.5 + 5.1 + 3.5 = 30.1% reflects total CPU time
that Squeak is getting. If so then that would definitely be worth
looking into. Other than that one thing that jumps out is
WorldState>>interCyclePause: and I wonder if you have
"higherPerformance" preference set? Setting that preference would effect
battery life but maybe it could be selectively set, eg, while dragging?

HTH

-D