[squeak-dev] [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:41:02 UTC 2011

I did this dance too... Hmm... Seems the Mac installer comes with some kind of translation tool that's advertised to be able to output MPEG, maybe we can use that to save others the trouble of installing the Real client.

If I figure out that I can handle the conversion without spending any money, would folks have interest in the artifact produced?

This is a fun talk, I'm only about halfway through it, but I must admit having cracked up when he said, (and I have to paraphrase, because I don't have it in front of me,) "...if we were physicists, and we didn't understand what Newton did [slight dramatic pause] we should be shot."

LOL!