[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Sat Jul 23 08:00:16 UTC 2011

If you are on Linux this might help:

   1. Go to [1] and download the top most RealPlayer 11 RPM package
   2. I guess on systems that support the RPM package format you just have
   to install that package and find out how to start the RealPlayer. (Skip to
   step 6)
   3. On Debian/Ubuntu you need to install the "alien" package doing
   something like "sudo apt-get install alien"
   4. After that you can convert the RPM package into a DEB package with
   "alien RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm"
   5. Install the resulting DEB package eg. "sudo dpkg -i
   realplayer_11.0.2.2315-20101118_i386.deb"
   6. Launch RealPlayer (on Ubuntu do "/opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay")
   7. Select the menu "File>Open Location"
   8. Enter "
   http://stream.hpi.uni-potsdam.de:8080/Archive/HPIK_SS11/HPIK_2011_07_21_01_hd.ram
   "