[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for
qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam
laza at blobworks.com
Sat Jul 23 08:00:16 UTC 2011
If you are on Linux this might help:
1. Go to  and download the top most RealPlayer 11 RPM package
2. I guess on systems that support the RPM package format you just have
to install that package and find out how to start the RealPlayer. (Skip to
3. On Debian/Ubuntu you need to install the "alien" package doing
something like "sudo apt-get install alien"
4. After that you can convert the RPM package into a DEB package with
5. Install the resulting DEB package eg. "sudo dpkg -i
6. Launch RealPlayer (on Ubuntu do "/opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay")
7. Select the menu "File>Open Location"
8. Enter "
At least that worked for me! :)
2011/7/23 Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at edu.ge.ch>
> What can't be read does not exist!
> Le 22/07/2011 23:06, Robert Hirschfeld a écrit :
> > A recording of Alan's talk is available online at
> > http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/
> > Best,
> > Robert
> > On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:35 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:
> >> It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.
> >> Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"
> >> Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
> >> Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00
> >> Additional information:
> >> http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
> >> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
> >> (Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)
> >> Best,
> >> Robert
> >> --
> >> Robert Hirschfeld
> >> Hasso-Plattner-Institut
> >> hirschfeld at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
> >> www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa
> Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev