[squeak-dev] smalltalk evolution

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jun 1 00:50:10 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Darius" == Darius Clarke <socinian at gmail.com> writes:

Darius> What if we use spreadsheet cells, or colors, or fonts, or little icons
Darius> superimposed on the labels (text labels/names for code, data, or other
Darius> memory artifacts or equipment) to more clearly express visually what is more
Darius> often hidden in meaning.

But don't leave out those of us for whom all of that is merely a
distraction.

I don't grok icons.  I hate fontification coloring.

If the next big thing is visual programming, I'm outta here.

Darius> Why? For the same reason syntax coloring helps the memory.

Except for me.  It does nothing, except annoy me.

Please remember that not *everyone* has "visual" as their lead
processing system, and for some of us, it's nearly absent.