[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] usability of Pharo and Squeak

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Jun 1 20:51:09 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 12:55 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> My idea is grouping items opened from first tool (browser) opened from
> world wenu (or pragrammatically). So taskbar will show this groups.

That's exactly what Windows 7 does. (I use Ubuntu, just saying)

> When user click on group last used tool from this group will show. And
> another taskbar row will show all group contents (like usual taskbar).

Close to Windows 7, but instead it shows a mini view of all open windows
of that type, similar to what Pharo task bar already does but with many
windows.

> With this behavior developer could never think about implementing tabbed
> view of application contents. It will just default behavior of
> windows/taskbar manager.

That might be a pretty good solution... if it's usable via the keyboard.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com