[squeak-dev] OSProcess on Windows

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Jun 9 16:07:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 6:14 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Just load OSProcess and CommandShell from SqueakMap. The plugins are
> separate packages that you can load if you are building your own VM,
> in which case you would load VMMaker first, which contains the
> InterpreterPlugin class.

Oh right, that was the issue I ran into. The official Windows VM
doesn't ship with OSProcessPlugin, so if you want to use OSProcess on
Windows, you have to build your own VM.

Does the Cog VM for Windows ship with OSProcessPlugin, then? If so,
we'll finally have a cross-platform API for launching other processes.

Colin