[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Compiler-ul.209.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri Jun 10 21:11:19 UTC 2011

Levente Uzonyi uploaded a new version of Compiler to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Compiler-ul.209.mcz

Name: Compiler-ul.209
Author: ul
Time: 10 June 2011, 11:10:15.285 pm
UUID: e3f8ac39-c1bb-7b43-ba44-8447113e2649
Ancestors: Compiler-ul.208

Added the missing class variable AllowBlockArgumentAssignment.

=============== Diff against Compiler-ul.208 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #Scanner
  	instanceVariableNames: 'source mark hereChar aheadChar token tokenType currentComment buffer typeTable'
+ 	classVariableNames: 'AllowBlockArgumentAssignment AllowUnderscoreAssignments AllowUnderscoreSelectors DoItCharacter TypeTable'
- 	classVariableNames: 'AllowUnderscoreAssignments AllowUnderscoreSelectors DoItCharacter TypeTable'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Compiler-Kernel'!

  !Scanner commentStamp: 'ul 4/3/2011 02:04' prior: 0!
  I scan a string or text, picking out Smalltalk syntactic tokens. I look one character ahead. I put each token found into the instance variable, token, and its type (a Symbol) into the variable, tokenType. At the end of the input stream, I pretend to see an endless sequence of special characters called doIts.

  Instance Variables
  	aheadChar:		<Character>
  	buffer:		<WriteStream>
  	currentComment:		<OrderedCollection>
  	hereChar:		<Character>
  	mark:		<Integer>
  	source:		<ReadStream>
  	token:		<Symbol|String|NumberCharacter|Boolean|nil>
  	tokenType:		<Symbol>
  	typeTable:		<Array>

  aheadChar
  	- the next character in the input stream

  buffer
  	- a reusable WriteStream on a String which is used for building strings. Shouldn't be used from multiple methods without resetting.

  currentComment
  	- an OrderedCollection of strings which contain all comments between the current token and the previous token or the beginning of the source.

  hereChar
  	- the current character

  mark
  	- the position of the current token in the source stream

  source
  	- the input stream of characters

  token
  	- the current token

  tokenType
  	- the type of the current token. The possible token types are: #binary, #character, #colon, #doIt, #keyword, #leftArrow, #leftBrace, #leftBracket, #leftParenthesis, #literal, #period, #rightBrace, #rightBracket, #rightParenthesis, #semicolon, #string, #upArrow, #verticalBar, #word, #xBinary, #xColon, #xDelimiter, #xDigit, #xDollar, #xDoubleQuote, #xLetter, #xLitQuote, #xSingleQuote, #xUnderscore

  typeTable
  	- an array that maps each an evaluable tokenType to each character with asciiValue between 0 and 255!