Box admin stuff (was Re: [HELP NEEDED] Need ftp write access for Edgar (was: [squeak-dev] 11 June Building report (3))

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Jun 12 22:07:11 UTC 2011

Hey!

On 06/12/2011 10:59 PM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> DTL said: "I'm not sure who administers this server, but can someone
> please give Edgar a hand with the necessary access to post image builds?"
>
> Nobody is running the server. I'm still waiting for the mythical admin to put Laza's screenshots and movies into the box.
>
> As I understand it, the history is thus. Ken ran the box for many years very well. He finally gave up the reins in February. At that
> time Randal stepped forward. As far as I can tell he's done nothing. I do get the impression Ken still looks in from time to time. Ken
> noticed that the disc was at 90% capacity recently. I understand that the technical term for a disk reaching 100% is"bad".

Ken did it mainly yes, we were a few others chipping in also - like me,
Marcus, Bert etc.

The full disc issue is under control, right now it says 19Gb free, 87%.

And yes, if I am not mistaken Randal did say he was starting a migration
of the box to a virtual one at some other ISP - not sure how that went.

> Goran used to be involved with it, but he doesn't seem to be somebody involved with it now. The box is a car with no driver.

Well, I have been busy with "life" lately so no, I haven't been that
involved. But I *do* have root on it and I can probably start taking
more responsibility of it unless someone else is willing/interested.

> I'm sure somebody will appear and politically sandbag me for what I just said and that I compleeeeeetly misunderstand the situation.
> But I'm on the board. If I'm not close to these issues, then who is?

I don't think you misunderstand it, it is fairly correct :)

I have to go to bed now but can help out more tomorrow 9-5 Stockholm
time - I will be on IRC then.

regards, Göran