[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak4.3alpha-11476.zip on his place

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Jun 13 13:14:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 6/13/11 8:54 AM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> Did you do anything else than updating the image, running Smalltalk
>> cleanUp, then saving the image?
>
> I do Smalltalk condenseChanges, a common practice

That's the cause of the problem. We don't want to lose previous versions
of methods, so condensing the changes is not good for the Trunk. Users can
condense their changes on their own if they want to.

Anyway the Squeak4.3alpha-11476 has to be redone, because it's broken.

We should also check #condenseChanges, because it may be broken too.

>> Another minor issue is that it contains two (mac related?) files besides
>> the changes and the image files: ._Squeak4.3alpha-11476.changes and
>> ._Squeak4.3alpha-11476.image .
>

> As I said, works on Mac.
> Having all OS here, this is a fact I must live with.
> I attach some which could be useful to some people.

I'm sure it's possible to compress the files on a Mac without these files.

Levente