[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-cmm.443.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:03:46 UTC 2011

> It's still not good. Exceptions-cmm.34 is loaded after
> ToolBuilder-Kernel-cmm.49 by update-cmm.192, which is wrong, because

Hm, update-cmm.192 purposely moved up ToolBuilder-Kernel-cmm.49 to
above Exceptions because it absorbs ProgressInitiationException, and
causes it to be "removed" from Exceptions (but still in the image,
which is critical to be able to continue the update).  At this point,
Exceptions is "changed" because of the removal of
ProgressInitiationException.

Then, update-cmm.193 simply moves it back down while also loading
Exceptions-cmm.35, which is the version without
ProgressInitiationException.

So, what I just did was to move Exceptions-cmm.35 to be loaded by
update-cmm.192, right after ToolBuilder-Kernel.  I don't know if this
will help, if not do you have any ideas?  (Update of my trunk image
worked, but I'm in the process of downloading a new alpha and trying
again).

 - Chris

> ToolBuilder-Kernel already has ProgressInitiationException, but
> Exceptions-cmm.34 tries to modify it as it's own class. For some odd reason
> this gives a merge window. If you merge it, you'll have a DNU and an
> obsolete class.
>
> The solution seems to be redoing update-cmm.192 to load Exceptions-cmm.34
> before ToolBuilder-Kernel-cmm.49. Note that there may be other dependencies
> which I didn't think about. I also think that one mcm should have been
> sufficient, but I'm not sure.
>
> Anyway, to reproduce the problem, try updating the latest prebuilt image:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3alpha/Squeak4.3alpha-11481.zip .

Ok.