[squeak-dev] planet updates, help needed

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Jun 15 22:22:50 UTC 2011

Hi all!

I just did a minor cleanup of planet.squeak.org (our community's blog
aggregator(s)) and have a few items of business:

I added a description to make clear that Pharo, Cuis, and all other
Squeak descendants I'm forgetting are very much on-topic for planet
squeak. Pharo may have its own planet by now, but I didn't find one,
so please send good Pharo-related feeds if appropriate.

I noticed Planet Squeak (and siblings) is not linked from squeak.org.
Can someone add it, or may I have a(nother) editor login to add it
myself ? Speaking non-egotistically (honest), I would put it as the
top link in the Links box as it's the first place a casual visitor
would want to look for signs of life. Likewise, perhaps the Pharoes
would like to link it under External sites ?

I have removed the sole feed (Serge Stinckwich) from
planetfr.squeak.org as it's now just a link stream. I guess I'll be
removing the french planet, unless I receive some french-language
squeakish blog feeds.

Likewise the japanese planet is being kept alive only by Yoshiki, but
he is doing a fine job so it is safe. I know there is probably a world
of japanese-language squeak blogs of which I know nothing - please
send feeds if you want them to appear at planetjp.squeak.org.

Croquet & offspring have had their own planet for some time:
planetcroquet.squeak.org, since the communities and interests seemed
distinct. It's fairly low traffic and has much more impressive
screenshots than the main planet. Does anyone think it should be
merged back into the main planet ?

Best - Simon