[squeak-dev] Re: Testing Seaside in Squeak4.3alpha-11481

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:46:29 UTC 2011

On 6/6/11, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hannes,
>
> If you want to do a test load, you can use #record or #record: instead of
> #load or #load: and print the result ... you'll get a listing of the
> packages and configurations that will be loaded into your image ...
>
> I assume that the Button problem is related to an OB issue on Squeak. I am
> not aware of a fix, but if a fixed version appears I can update the
> ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser to point to the appropriate packages ....
>
> Dale

Dale,

Thank you for pointing me to the use of the

   #record

method instead of #load.
I was not aware of this logging feature. However it did not work in
ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.3alpha/Squeak4.3alpha-11481.zip

If I do

"Seaside 3.0 http://www.seaside.st"
(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.
(Smalltalk at: #WAPharoServerAdaptorBrowser) open.

I get the error message that

ConfigurationOfSeaside30 does not understand #record.

What am I missing here?

Regards
Hannes