[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.3 released - You must see it!

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jun 22 14:19:50 UTC 2011

Jon Hylands wrote:
> I just downloaded Cuis 3.3 to play around with it. I currently have
> installed the Squeak 4.0.2 VM.
>
> When I open the virgin Cuis image, if I resize more than a certain
> amount (larger), the VM crashes. This does not happen with normal
> Squeak images (4.1, 4.2) that I have played with (using the same VM).
>
> I can also crash it if I double-click on the title bar, which
> maximizes the window.
>
> I'm running Windows XP at 1920 x 1200.
>
> The image opens at a default 1024 x 760.
>
> I'm attaching the crash.dmp file.
>
> - Jon

The problem happens when decoding the jpeg data for the world
background. It doesn't happen with 4.0.1 and older VMs. It also doesn't
happen with Cog. See
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-March/157914.html
. Most likely it is related to http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7523 .

Possible workarounds are using Cog or 4.0.1 VM, or disabling the
background image, by selecting a plain color for it.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich