[squeak-dev] [CI] Motivic Material

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:42:48 UTC 2011

I usually like to talk a little about why I'm doing what I'm doing. This is
that.

Testing is the most responsible discipline that I've yet identified in the
world of software... well, unless it's documentation, or peer review. This
said, asking volunteers to run these tests manually is like asking a
stranger to climb over a fence before making a commitment. It isn't
economical, in my view.

It's a testament to the passion and dedication of this community that we
have the great gift of so many wonderful tests. I think it's a tragedy that
these tests are not run more often.

I put some effort into relicensing this system; not so much, though, as
others. I feel a deep desire to protect it, and this is the best way that I
know how. This is why I want to make myself available to drive continuous
integration home.

Or maybe not. Maybe this is just my way of saying, "Thank you."

--
Casey Ransberger