[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Network-ul.100.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:22:50 UTC 2011

On 23 June 2011 02:29, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI, the Magma test suite is pretty heavy on networking
> activity, but I didn't encounter any problems with this loaded.
>
> So what needs to happen for us as a community to make a decision on
> whether to accept or reject this?  I assume we will accept it, but
> maybe some of those more familiar with it can make some comments..?
> Who is our best networking expert who might want to review it and
> discuss?
>
>  - Chris

I'll defer to the real experts, like Andreas, as to the actual contents.

With my reviewer's cap on, my thoughts are:
* I'd like to see a test suite - is it possible that the Etoys people
wrote a suite for the below that we might appropriate?
* I'd like to see the basic idea behind the change - what's it do?
what's it for?
* Networking's really important, and I'd really like to see a general
test suite for all things networky. I don't expect this particular
change to implement one, but I do think it's something we need. I made
a very brief start, in the form of MockSocketStream, long ago. It'd
probably be better to use mocks, given that we'd be testing
integration with the underlying platform (in the form of the wrapping
layer made by SocketStream and friends).

frank

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> A new version of Network was added to project The Inbox:
>> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Network-ul.100.mcz

>> Name: Network-ul.100
>> Author: ul
>> Time: 12 December 2010, 4:49:19.894 am
>> UUID: 81823263-c3d6-f949-a8b0-6a107dcb5322
>> Ancestors: Network-ul.99
>>
>> Network changes from the EToys repository.

<snip>

frank