[squeak-dev] Cog VM "right" clicks?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Mar 3 17:08:34 UTC 2011

At 3:35 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> I'm running trunk on "Teleplace VM 1.0.15 (release) from Oct 4 2010", and
> just found out that I can't alt-click in a Browser to add a new system
> category. (I don't know the correct mouse button colour terminology.)

alt-click (option-click on Mac) is yellow click and is traditionally
the middle button, but is sometimes the right button on Windows
machines (though according to the release note Squeak 4.1 is trying to
rationalize this so all installations work the same until the user
changes a preference.) Yellow click is the one that brings up the
context menu in the code browsers.

> I can do the usual click, and the halo-showing click

These are red and blue clicks respectively.

I have to look up the colours, or look at a mouse I put stickers on,
each time I mention them:

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~black/OOP/Tutorial/SqueakLanguageRef.html

I don't know which VM you have or why you chose it (one of these?
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2316/ )

If so there are more recent unofficial Cog VMs at
http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/downloads/

Are you using Windows? If so, in my personal experience the Cobalt.exe
VM distributed with the latest opencobalt alpha is very effective
(though I didn't try it with trunk.)

I don't use your combination of OS, VM and image, so I am sorry I
can't offer more detailed help.

David