[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.1 is available
juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Mar 4 20:41:49 UTC 2011
Cuis 3.1 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
the release notes:
New in Cuis 3.1
* Super fast Morphic world display.
o About ten times faster when many windows are open.
o Makes the whole UI feel much more responsive.
o Simpler code.
* New Layout engine.
o New layout specs and logic.
o New layout adjusters and window resizers.
o Allows adding / removing morphs without leaving "holes".
o Orders of magnitude simpler. Can be understood by
humans. Removed all traces of the old code.
* Cleaner look for Default theme. Nicer buttons, menus and halos.
Faster world redraw allows for full-window resize.
* Morphic buttons simplification: reduced 5 morphic button classes
into just one.
* New Transcript
o Fast (Calls return quickly)
o Fast (Updates are immediate)
o Thread safe
o Can log to file in addition to Display
o Display output is optional (for headless images)
o Can work on a bare bones image (Doesn't need UI,
dependency, events, processes)
o Optional morphic window for seamless integration in Morphic
o UI framework agnostic. Can be used to debug Morphic,
even with the morphic window open, without crashing the image!
o No longer a text editor. Display is read only.
* Support for .mcz files (they are treated like .cs and .st files)
* Removed the colored mouse button naming from all over the system.
Now they are #mouseButton1, #mouseButton2 and #mouseButton3.
* Cleaner Clipboard design & api, to enable extended clipboard
* Fixes to transparent pixels in 32bpp Forms
* Lots of code simplifications all over the system: Text, Menus,
Tools layout construction, SystemWindow. Killed FakeClassPool.
* Utilities: #printStack: (great together with the new Transcript),
better comment at Object>>#is:
* Many updates from Squeak, including cascading of optimized sends
More information about the Squeak-dev