[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 5 05:49:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 11:20:53PM -0600, Miguel Cob? wrote:
> Great work, thanks.
>
> A suggestion, why don't follow a common pattern to name the
> Pharo/Squeak/Gemstone specific code for package XXX with the format:
>
> XXX-Squeak
>
> so that the packages be:
>
> XXX-dtl.123.mcz
> XXX-Squeak-dtl.123.mcz
> XXX-Pharo-dtl.123.mcz
>
> This way if a Metacello configuration is created for this package it
> will pull the corresponding dependency for tha platform where is being
> installed.
>
> Cheers.

That's a good idea, although at this point I'm not sure which bits
are Pharo or Squeak specific. Most of the extensions in the SMx
package that I referred to as "Squeak-specific" are from Juan's
change sets that he did for the Pharo integration, so hopefully
the differences will not be too great.

Thanks,
Dave