[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis 3.1 is available

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Mar 5 12:19:46 UTC 2011

Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Cuis 3.1 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .
>> From the release notes:
>>
>> New in Cuis 3.1
>> -------------------
>>   * Super fast Morphic world display.
>>         o     About ten times faster when many windows are open.
>>         o     Makes the whole UI feel much more responsive.
>>         o     Simpler code.
>
> Sounds cool. Does it affect the way things are drawn or is it "just" a
> faster way to put the bits to the screen? Which changesets contain
> these changes? Do these depend on other changes?
>

> Levente

I redid the rectangle algebra. The idea is avoid drawing parts of morphs
that are not visible. Change set is 0825. If you disregard the unrelated
#drawStringXXX methods, it should not depend on anything else.

But please, do download the system, play with it, and experiment with
this (and anything else) inside the system. I want more users, even if
occasional. And please do comment on your experience.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich