[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2011!!!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Mar 6 11:26:29 UTC 2011

Fellow Squeakers,

Approximately one year has passed (cough, cough) and it is high time for
yet another Squeak Oversight Board Election!

Every year we elect the SOB (Squeak Oversight Board) consisting of seven
members from our community. The current board is:

	http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/Board

Everything about the election, including schedule and more, can be
tracked here:

      http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6162

Since the election process has not been reformed during this last year,
the schedule and process of the Election is as "usual" which follows
(reserved for changes, will be final on the 13th of March at the latest):

*** Now through 27th March: Nominations of SOB members and campaigning!

Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the
squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that
person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate
list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run.

*** 27th March: The candidate list is finalized.

*** 27th March to 3rd April: Continued campaigning period

During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on
squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask
questions.

*** 3rd April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election starts

The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email.
And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)

IMPORTANT: New voters will NOT be added once the election is started.
You MUST try to get on the voter list before the 3rd April or you will
NOT be able to vote.

*** 10th April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election ends

Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.

--------------------------

If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the voter list,
no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish to vote do ONE of the
following:

      * Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker
sends an email to voters at squeak.org giving me name and email for you,
then I will add you.

      * Send an email to voters at squeak.org yourself (and CC to
squeak-dev if you like) with information/arguments showing me that you
are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And
no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you
totally screw that up, you will probably be added.

When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with
instructions and a link to the voting website.

If there are any further questions, just reply *in this thread* and I
will closely track it - or send email to voters at squeak.org which
points to me.

...so let's get on with it!

regards, Göran Krampe