[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker-oscog.52.mcz

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 01:16:40 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:02:05PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> I agree that having different repos could simplify things.
> Except things which will otherwise complicate them:
>  - publishing new VMMaker version sends nice email to mailing list

This is just a setting in SqueakSource that can be set for any
repository. Just have both repositories notify this list

>  - configuration(s) to automatically load VMMaker with all
> dependencies relying on having VMMaker package at certain known
> location,
> not at multiple ones.

If you want to load a working VMMaker, you aren't going to mix
stuff from cog and stable VMMaker repositories without a manual
merge first. And if you are talking about .mcm files, they
support multiple repositories, as long as package names are not
duplicated (like, if there are two different packages named
VMMaker-oscog.52 in each repo, it's undefined which one mcm will
load)

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)