[squeak-dev] unable to get past update 178 to get to a current image

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Mar 23 00:01:02 UTC 2011

I had a pre-4.2 trunk that I thought it would be a good time to update.
It failed when I got to update 178.

First, I got asked for initials.  Never a good sign on an update stream.
Then, I get stuck at a pop-up for "Merging Monticello-cmm.440".  No idea
what to do with that.

So I figured I'd just download a new image that was post 4.2, just in
case.  The only ones I know about are at http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/.
The -10779 image there fails ** at exactly the same place **.

Help.  How do I get a current image?  And why is this broken?