[squeak-dev] Re: Who's running
Randal L. Schwartz
merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Mar 24 00:00:06 UTC 2011
>>>>> "Casey" == Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> writes:
Casey> Zoiks, do we not have any other takers?
I was going to hold back a bit to see if there was a flood of new
talent, but seeing as that hasn't happened yet :-), I'll officially
announce my candidacy for what will be my fourth consecutive year on the
I may or may not have a detailed position statement before the
deadline. The short version is:
- 3 years on the SOB and nothing's blown up yet on my watch
- helped get Squeak 4.0 out, and get SFC to like us
- talk about Squeak a bit in public places
- now more than ever a Squeak user for commercial apps
- apparently a key player on the box admin team now
- already know what being on the board is like == no startup time
- already have Teleplace installed for the virtual board meetings
To be fair: reasons not to vote for me:
- My time is a bit more limited as I dig myself out of my nearly fatal
financial hole. I've been missing a lot of SOB meetings, and not
taking on very many tasks.
- I'm old blood, not new blood, if you think new blood would be better.
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion
More information about the Squeak-dev