[squeak-dev] the 2011 Squeak board election

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Mar 27 10:16:18 UTC 2011

Hi all--

     I am not a candidate for the Squeak board this year. I recently
moved from the United States to Europe, and am working on the myriad
associated details (creating new friendships, getting rid of physical
objects back in the States, satisfying new legal requirements, etc.).
For the sake of balance, I've decided to pause some of my activities,
even some that I enjoy.

     Serving on the board is one that I enjoyed very much. Being in that
group gives an enlightening perspective on this community through its
many ups and downs, and an important opportunity to improve it. I
strongly encourage everyone with an interest in Squeak to consider
standing for election! I offer many thanks to all the highly talented
people with whom I have served over the years, and to all of you.

     My technical priorities for this year include making releases of
Spoon and its module system Naiad (so that I am no longer a
rate-determining step :), releasing a Naiad module for my
natural-language processing system Quoth (particularly for musical
livecoding applications in the context of TOPLAP), and finding new paid
projects near me and around the world.

     I'm looking forward to another interesting year with you all. :)

     met vriendelijke groeten,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/spoon
[2] http://thiscontext.wordpress.org