[squeak-dev] [ELECTION] Important - Good and Bad news

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Mar 28 09:42:04 UTC 2011

Hi all!

I have been slacking a bit on handling this years Election, and the
result is now that we have a slight "conundrum".

The good news is that we have 7 candidates announced, 4 re-running and 3
new candidates (thus 3 deciding to not re-run this year):

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6162

...the bad news is that the board usually has 7 members, so we are quite
short on candidates in fact.

Instead of making an immediate decision on how to handle this I want you
- the community - to speak up. What should we do? Options:

1. Prolong the candidacy period, and/or let it continue up until the day
before the election starts. Hopefully getting more candidates.

2. Skip the rest and just grab the 7 we have! :)

3. Decide to lower the number of seats on the board.

...well, I can't think of more options right now. What do you all think?

regards, Göran