[squeak-dev] The 2011 Squeak board election

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:48:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nikolay,
>
> Yes, I welcome as well that you want to make the use of OMeta in
> Squeak easier and demonstrate the use of it to make things simpler....
>

> --Hannes
>

> P.S. The last activities on OMeta were May 2010;
>
> MCHttpRepository
>    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/OMeta'
>    user: ''
>    password: ''
>
> Is there some newer code somewhere?
>
> Another question: You want to make OMeta part of Squeak?
>
> Could you please elaborate a bit more about the examples you mention?

You could find a lot of information at VPRI
wiki<http://www.vpri.org/vp_wiki/index.php/Main_Page>.
There is the "Text Field Spec for LObjects" project, which was announced in
2010 here: http://www.mail-archive.com/fonc@vpri.org/msg01279.html, basing
on the "Mochi" system, as Ted Kaehler said: "It has many half-finished
experiments in it, and a fair amount of just plain wreckage". Although there
are many of working OMeta's examples for Squeak (ForAll language,
SpecParser, Nile), Worlds are also presented there and it is an updatable
image. Another is Yoshiki's
SqueakBootStrapper<https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/SqueakBootstrapper>image
with BootStrapEncoder/parser and of course:
OMeta/JS <http://www.tinlizzie.org/ometa-js> wiki.
Now thinking, that we need to ask the VPRI team for official permission on
using and experimenting with these stuff in Squeak, especially concerning to
the image side parts of "Mochi" system. Bert, may be you could bring some
clearance on this, please?

Regards,
Nikolay