[squeak-dev] Squeak Vision ~2000

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:54:07 UTC 2011

WRT Morphic and direct user interface construction: this isn't fantasy. You can actually do this today, as it was one of the original drivers for the system when it was conceived in Self, as an evolution of Randall Smith's Smalltalk based Alternate Reality Toolkit (ARK.)

It can be a little harder to see it in Squeak, given that Smalltalk is very tool-centric and code-centric, but it's totally there. I didn't really quite realize what I could do with Morphic in Squeak until I checked out Self.