[squeak-dev] Source diffs and change sets

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:06:36 UTC 2011

On 3/29/11 9:00 PM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Also, I added an option to download a change set equivalent to the diff (or
> almost equivalent). This is useful to get changes from trunk into other images
> that either do not use Monticello, or have too different packages. The change
> set is built from MCDs (which are cached), so this is a lot faster after the
> first time.
>
> - Bert -

It's a step I waiting for long time.

Juan believe .cs was the only way to go, trunk uses only Monticello.
I like a system which could be updated both ways and each code downloaded
from trunk originate a numbered .cs inside the image.

Ideally, this originated .cs could be fileOut and filedIn in any compatible
.image, but as Cuis and Pharo currently diverge from trunk, this is
difficult.

One of the task of next Board could be call a 'Code Exchange Summit' , to
facilitate development.

Edgar