[squeak-dev] Killing FakeClassPool and #failedDoit references

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:22:07 UTC 2011

FakeClassPool and #failedDoIt are used only as special evaluation
results indicating respectively:
- there was no selectedClass in the StringHolder and the evaluation
did return self
- the result of evaluation failed

That is a restriction, I can not evaluate (FakeClassPool new) nor
(#failedDoit) in a text editor...
This restriction is useless, we already have ifFail: clauses when we
evaluate the text selection, so why not just use it.

So, I implemented #evaluateSelectionAndDo: that will pass the result
to aBlock argument in case of success.

The only difference is that if you now evaluate (self) in a text
editor when there is no selectedClass,
- it won't flash the window
- it will print nil if you printIt.
IMO, we won't loose a very usefull feature.

Related stuff is in the inbox.

Nicolas