[squeak-dev] 16-bit Color black isn't

Ben Coman btc at openInWorld.com
Mon May 2 02:31:21 UTC 2011

Jim Rosenberg wrote:
> When I pop on an SVG monitor to the laptop, the color anomaly occurs
> there too.

I am new to Squeak but I did 15yrs IT Support, so perhaps can offer some
small assistance.
1. Can you make a sample code snippet with five rectangles at 100%, 75%,
50%, 25%, 0%? Also please attach a screen snapshot of the result, so the
pixel values can be observed directly by those troubleshooting it.
2. Is "SVG Monitor" a squeak package, a Windows program (which one), or
a physical external monitor?
3. Do the gray artifacts affect any non-Squeak windows?

cheers, Ben