[squeak-dev] SMServer/Squeak box ( was Modularity )

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:22:15 UTC 2011

Absolutely. I'm working on the SMServer rewrite based on GreenNeon
(which I don't think it should be forgotten is based on HttpView2 and
the Seaside 2.6 canvas).

It's coming along. I'm at the point of replacing the Kom login and
cookies material with stuff from WebClient. I want to propose replacing
the SMServer image in the box with a current image using the GreenNeon
rewrite. For sure.

I plan to create a map.smalltalktelevision.com and let people hammer at
it and such. I appreciate the nature and urgency of the problem. I tried
to upload GreenNeon-Examples as a release and the browser just spins and
spins... Colin's problems with it as mentioned in an earlier post are
very real.

SqueakMap can't be taken seriously until this problem is fixed. I should
have something up at map.smalltalktelevision.com in the next few weeks.
I can't really move any faster. But the arrival of the project is assured.

Chris