[squeak-dev] Re: Hudson Status?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed May 4 02:30:30 UTC 2011

Hi Casey,

Your offer to help with a Hudson server is valuable. And it will likely
be very valuable in the near future. I'm responding, because I don't
want your potential contribution to be ignored.

There are some arguments that need to be worked out "in camera" before
the way forward is clear. You're an excellent programmer. Let us hammer
out some of the details first. The topic of modularity has come
seemingly all at once, but this plan has been waiting a year and this
convocation of the Squeak board has a year to get things set on the
right course.

For what it's worth, the video you're looking for is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4I7fSVNX2A

If you go back to September Squeak postings you'll find I was one of
it's earliest proponents. And although I can't find the post right now,
Stef rejected this as a model for namespaces in Pharo.

I don't want to say "We'll get back to you" and sound like a jerk, but
there's a screaming match brewing that the SOB that needs to resolve in
private before we can say what the next step is.

Please bear with us,

Chris