[squeak-dev] Monticello issues in the Trunk

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun May 8 17:26:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, 7 May 2011, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sat, 7 May 2011, Frank Shearar wrote:

snip

>> will (or should, at least) look like this:
>>
>>     /- 350 -\
>> -- 348       351
>>     \- 349 -/
>
> The MC update process used to do it automatically without creating a new
> version. So after updating your image you should see Tools (fbs.349,
> fbs.350), instead of Tools (fbs.350).

Looking at the code and it's previous versions I came to the conclustion
that there wasn't such feature implemented. The automatic merging only
happens when separate updates merge in the given versions. So if you
updated your image after Tools-fbs.349, but before Tools-fbs.350 was added
to the Trunk, then during the next update MC will merge these, otherwise
it will just load the one with higher version number. So manual merging
is necessary.

Levente

snip