[squeak-dev] reading objects of a dead image

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:19:42 UTC 2011

I took the file sq-0001.c and compiled it. I got this error:

sq-0001.c: In function ‘main’:
sq-0001.c:165: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3
has type ‘long unsigned int’

I removed the following:

if (header.headerSize != sizeof(header))
printf("Warning: header size mismatch: %d %d\n", header.headerSize,
sizeof(header));

Then it compiled.

I took a 61K image from MicroSqueak and ran

./sq chico.image

and it hung until I hit Control+c. I tried it on a 4.2 image and the
same thing resulted.

If I've approached this incorrectly somehow, I'd be happy to know how.

Chris