[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:48:43 UTC 2011

I understand what you are saying, but my point is that it works for me on
Win7 and OS X. Those machines have wired interfaces and WiFi, only the WiFi
is active. Win7 and FreeBSD are on the same box. It works for Win7, not
FreeBSD.

I was wondering what happens when the routine finds two active interfaces,
but for anything other than a router that would be unlikely, if not
dangerous.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On May 17, 2011 9:13 AM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:

> Mantis 7624. Originally reported as an error pulling out a ...
The primitive can't work correctly, because it only returns one local
address, but a host can have any number of such addresses. If you bring up a
new network interface, then the primitive will return the address of the new
interface (on windows), so using this primitive from different parts of the
same program can result in unexpected behavior.

Levente