Socket code from EToys (was: Re: [squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed May 18 22:31:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> What result do you get using the Etoys image? It uses the new SocketPlugin primitives (including IPv6 support), which if I see correctly have not been incorporated into Trunk yet.

It's not in the Trunk yet. I extracted and converted the code, it's in the
Inbox now, Network-ul.100.mcz. I didn't push it to the Trunk, because
1) Cog doesn't support the new primitives and the fallback code has to be
tested thoroughly.
2) I don't really like SocketAddress, because IIRC it's like
CompiledMethod, in the sense that it's a ByteArray, but it's storing
pointers/words.
3) SocketAddress lacks setter methods, so implementing
compatibility methods, like ByteArray >> #asSocketAddress is a PITA.

Levente