[squeak-dev] Fractional co-ordinates

Rodney Polkinghorne rodneyp at physics.uq.edu.au
Fri May 20 02:30:19 UTC 2011

Hi again

I've noticed that Morphic handes floating-point co-ordinates such as
0.5, but raises a error with rational ones such as (1/2).  See change
set below.  I think this behaviour is inherited from the drawing
primitives.

To my mind, this is clearly wrong - if I can reduce things by 2.0, I
should be able to reduce them by 2.  As a workaround, I'm inclined to
add an "asFloat" to PolygonMorph>>vertexAt:Put:.  Being new to
Smalltalk, I don't know what's right in general.

I tried to make this a test case, which asserted that a 0.5 morph lit
up the same pixels as a 1/2 one.  I couldn't think of a way to do
that.  Is it possible?

Rodney

Change set follows:

'From Squeak4.2 of 4 February 2011 [latest update: #10966] on 20 May
2011 at 12:08:59 pm'!
Morph subclass: #BrokenMorph
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'Variational-Morphs'!

!BrokenMorph methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'resp 5/20/2011 10:45'!
drawOn: aCanvas
	"This works if 1/2 is replaced by 0.5"
	aCanvas fillRectangle: (self bounds insetBy: 1/2) color: Color red! !